Stay tuned for our new JOB BOARD coming soon! In the mean time, if you would like to post available positions, please submit here:
Current Job Openings
At Peter Law Group, summer associates and interns become members of our team, thereby providing students with a real life experience as a practicing attorney. We are committed to ensuring a meaningful training program for those on the way to becoming laywers. With close supervision, summer associates and interns are assigned projects similar to those handled by junior associates and are constructively evaluated by the lawyers they are working with. Because we believe in hands-on learning, summer associates and interns can expect to meet with clients, assist in or attend depositions, participate in and/or attend mediations, arbitrations and negotiations, form corporations and draft transactional documents.
We also encourage students in our program to take advantage of all networking and social events we have access to so that they have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with business executives and clients.
** Peter law Group is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Please contact us: T: +1.310.277.0010. EMAIL: INFO@PETERLAWGROUP.COM
This position primarily provides business and legal affairs related support to the Fox Sports Media Group businesses. Support generally consists of counseling, negotiating, drafting and legal analysis of various contracts. The successful candidate will be required to skillfully balance legal versus business considerations and advise FOX’s business leaders on their strategic options in order to help them make informed business decisions. Knowledge of production deals, talent, and union and guild-related issues are key components of this position.
The position includes particular focus on above and below the line negotiations – including with talent their agents and attorneys.
Guiding programming and production executives through the production process for live event programming, original content (including documentaries and unscripted programming), advertising and sponsorship-related needs, and technical and production services.
Analyzing contracts in response to business questions, as well as providing necessary contractual/research information to senior staff (to assist in business development, litigation risk assessment, etc.).
Coordinate/meet with business people to assist in litigation avoidance, as well as contractual education/counseling for parties involved in contract negotiations.
Protection of company from unnecessary litigation exposure, as well as development of company representatives for better negotiations that benefit the company.
Coordinate with FOX labor, guild and employment groups in order to assist in litigation avoidance, as well as education/counseling for parties involved in contract negotiations.
This position provides occasional project oversight of paralegals, interns, law clerks and assistants.
What You’ll Need
Juris Doctor degree and active member of California bar strongly preferred; Will consider those eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46)
-5 to 7 years of transactional legal experience (top-tier law firm and/or in-house media company experience strongly preferred)
-Strong understanding of Sports Media business with experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements for scripted and unscripted content, advertising, sponsorships and production
–Excellent reasoning, verbal, and written communication skills
-Advanced proficiency using Word.
-Ability to work well with clients and peers
Please submit your resume or inquiry to Stacy Lewis – Stacy.Lewis@fox.com
In-House Employment and Labor Law Paralegal & Human Resources Administrator
A leading, boutique entertainment payroll company specializing in employment law where it meets the TV, film, and digital production industry is seeking a dynamic in-house paralegal and human resources administrator. Candidate must have demonstrated legal research, writing, and business skills, with an ability to provide customer service to internal and external clients. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, possess good follow-up skills, pay attention to detail, and be a problem-solver for the company, its employees, and its producer clients.
NOTE: This is not a production position, but experience working in the TV production industry is a plus.
This position provides a broad range of paralegal and administrative support to the Company, including the following key responsibilities:
- Administer payroll services and production accounting services agreements with clients; and
- Review and administer vendor agreements; and
- Prepare responses to subpoenas, government inquiries, and employment records requests; and
- Conduct legal research regarding wage and hour, employment, and tax laws of various jurisdictions; and
- Provide miscellaneous paralegal services for company as needed.
- HR Duties
- Update and manage distribution of New Client Packages (includes all research for state specific wage & hour); and
- Manage processing of HR claims, documents, and reports:
- Provide administrative support and perform any other ancillary or other assigned duties
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Paralegal certificate from ABA-approved program;
- 3+ years’ experience in an in-house legal or HR department
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment and respond with appropriate urgency to situations and tasks that require a quick response or turnaround;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Exceptional writing and analytical capabilities; excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong self-motivator with a proactive and industrious nature and the ability to work independently while exercising superior judgment;
- High level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); Experience with multi-state employment and tax laws preferred;
- Knowledge of entertainment union collective bargaining agreements a plus
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee may be required to perform and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time.
Employment with the Company is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Please contact: Marcia Jacobson – (310) 444-5255 email@example.com
We are not accepting resumes from search firms at this time.