Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles Toy Donation Program
About Our Toy Donation Program
We welcome your toy donations for our patients. You can’t imagine the difference your gift can make to a hospitalized patient.
To make your drop off as convenient as possible, please call ahead (323-361-1716) to schedule your delivery and I can meet you at the designated drop off area.
Toy Donation Guidelines
To help us maintain patient safety and well-being, we ask that you follow the criteria below:
• To prevent infection, we only accept new and unwrapped items. Additionally, unwrapped gifts ensure that infants, children and adolescents are receiving gifts which are appropriate to their age and developmental levels.
• Toys should be sturdy and free of any parts which may pinch.
• All craft materials (markers, glue, paints, etc.) must be non-toxic.
Our Wish Lists
- Baby rattles
- Interactive crib toys/musicals; mobiles that are not cloth/plush based
- Generic coloring books –- no holiday reference
- Soft baby dolls –- appropriate for children under three years old
- Crayons –- all sizes. We have found that Crayola and PlaySkool work the best for our patients.
- Markers and colored pencils –- all sizes
- Super hero action figures
- White artist paper
- Hello Kitty items
- Bubbles (bottles with no attachments)
- Craft and bead kits
- Play-Doh (jars with no attachments)
- Pop-up toys (cause and effect)
- UNO cards or other card games
- Bath & Body Works sets for older girls (please no body sprays)
- L.A. sports team sports swag
- Balls—footballs, soccer, volleyballs
Gift Cards Welcome Too!
Items We Cannot Accept
- Plush, stuffed animals or any items with small pellets
- Knitted or crocheted items such as beanies, blankets, clothing
- VHS tapes
- Wooden items
- Glass or brittle plastic toys which can easily break and leave sharp edges
- Flowers, edible gifts and holiday treats
- Any items that promote violent and aggressive behavior including video games and DVDS
Thank you for your generosity!