2023 Counsel of the Year Awards
2023 Counsel of the Year Awards
January 19, 2023.
Manhattan Beach Country Club, 1330 Parkview Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
5:00 p.m. Red Carpet Arrivals & VIP Reception
6:00 p.m. Reception: Specialty Cocktails & Multi-Cuisine Grazing Stations
7:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony
Attire: Formal Business/Court Attire or “California Formal”
Please scroll to bottom of this page to purchase tickets.
About the Event
Presented by The Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel (AMEC)
When: Thursday, January 19, 2023
Where: Manhattan Beach Country Club.
Purpose: Recognizing the role of attorneys in the judicial process, popular culture and entertainment industry.
Expected attendance: 300 participants.
- Crème de la crème of the legal world in Media & Entertainment. Accomplished men and women working as in-house counsels and business affairs attorneys at major entertainment and media companies and law firms.
- Past attendees and honorees have included executives from: NBCUniversal, Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, MGM, Paramount, Electronic Arts, Writers Guild, Creative Artists Agency, SAG/AFTRA, Los Angeles Dodgers and Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, Lincoln Center and many others.
Nathaniel Hargress – Viacom
Clarissa Weirick – NBCUniversal
Navine Karim – Red Bull Media House
Venue & Location Highlights
Manhattan Beach Country Club is a recently remodeled venue at the heart of a thriving resort community.
- South Bay beach cities include Manhattan Beach, Playa Vista and “Silicon Beach.”
- Emerging center for digital content and distribution.
- The following companies’ headquarters are located here: Manhattan Beach Media Campus, Marvel Studios, Electronic Arts, Mattel and Skechers.
- Home to entertainment and creative executives, performers and athletes.
- Located close to freeways with plenty of parking.
- AMEC mailing list of 14,000 senior legal and business executives in entertainment industry.
- Past attendees and honorees have included: NBC/Universal, Warner Brothers, Sony, MGM, Paramount, Electronic Arts, Writers Guild, Creative Artists Agency, SAG/AFTRA, Los Angeles Dodgers and Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, Lincoln Center, etc.
- Expected attendance at Festival and Awards: 300.
- Media includes entertainment, international, regional and local.
- Past sponsors include: PricewaterhouseCoopers, Korn Ferry Intl., Screen Actors Guild and major international law firms.
“AMEC is an incredible organization because it opens doors for young attorneys like me. I want to thank all of you for helping me live my American Dream.” (Vera is from Russia)
Vera Golosker – Rising Star of the yearCounsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Unscripted TV MGM
“There’s no special sauce to deal-making, no million dollar strategy...it’s about relationships built of trust and respect.”
Madhu Goel Southworth – Dan Brandhorst Memorial Dealmaker of the Year
Senior Vice President, Legal & Business Affairs AMC Networks
“It’s clear we’re living in an inflection point in history and within our industry the legal function is the glue that holds the deal together and the engine that propels deals forward.”
Anna Salas Siegel – Counsel of the yearGeneral Counsel NBC Universal Telemundo Enterprises