The Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel’s Emerging Leaders Board will be hosting a conversation on Brand Protection in the Digital Age
Topics that will be covered include:
– IP protection and enforcement in digital spaces
– Legal considerations for working with social media influencers
– Contractual morality clauses
Where: Sidley Austin LLP,
1999 Avenue of the Stars, 17th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90067
When: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
6:00 PM: Check-in (Wine/beer and light hors d’oeuvres will be served)
6:30 – 7:30 PM: Presentation
$25.00 – Members
$30.00 – Non-Members
Available at the Westfield Century City Mall
ENTER PROMO CODE: AMECELB FOR $5 OFF
When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 – 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: The USC University Park Campus
What: Network with over 700 entertainment professionals!
The Institute will feature luncheon keynote speakerFX Networks Chairman John Landgraf and Bruce Ramer in a
special lunch conversation on the state of the Industry, along with dozens of other entertainment Industry players.
The 2019 Institute’s theme, “Implosion/Explosion: Shockwaves of Change in Entertainment,” will focus on how to make
the most of the constantly evolving entertainment landscape.This year’s sessions will cover:
– how the internet impacts content and society
– the rise of the trillion dollar companies and the M&A view ahead
– legal jeopardies that cause nightmares for entertainment lawyers
– the challenges facing the musical artist and their representation team
– addressing the challenge of unlicensed uses
– making sense of fair use law and its application
– co-financing and marketing films for maximum US/China box office
– the latest deal-making trends, pitfalls and challenges
– ethics rule changes affecting entertainment lawyers
– the Talent Agencies Act and how it impacts attorneys
6.25 hours of CLE credit, including 3 hourslegal ethics creditfor lawyers, and 5 hours of CPE credit will be available.
Exhibit at or sponsor the 2019 Institute!
Call us at (213) 821-3580, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us online at http://gould.usc.edu/cle/entertainment.
We look forward to seeing you on October 26! #USCLawEnt
USC Gould School of Law Continuing Legal Education
A tradition of excellence addressing today’s issues
Holiday MixerCome join your fellow entertainment attorneys for networking and drinks.
When: Monday, November 4th, 2019
Where: Above SIXTY (SIXTY Beverly Hill 9360 Wilshire Blvd
We will be accepting donations for the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Please see list of approved donation items:
Cash donations will also be accepted and we will purchase gift cards with them.
Another evening of career advice and networking, this time focused on giving attorneys and filmmakers an opportunity to provide each other with general advice for finding success in the entertainment industry.
Where: BuzzFeed’s office in Hollywood (1140 N. Citrus Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038)
When: Monday, November 18th at 7:00 PM
(Registration will begin at 6:30 PM)
Registration will be followed by a mini-speed networking session to begin promptly at 7:00 PM
We’ll then break into smaller groups to be led by accomplished filmmakers and entertainment attorneys (including attorneys-turned-filmmakers and filmmakers-turned-attorneys) who will share their career stories, share their career development tips, and answer your career-related questions.
These speakers include:
Grace Duplissea (SVP, Business & Legal Affairs, The H Collective)
Phillip Rosen (Founder & Principal, Rosen Law Group, P.C.)
Grace Santos (Filmmaker)
Please make a donation to:
WOMEN’S VOICES NOW
* The information obtained at the meeting is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The purpose of the event is for attorneys and filmmakers to network and share stories regarding career development.